TV Ad Music launched in 2001, and to commemorate our first ten years online we have compiled a list of the most popular music used in television adverts from 2001 to 2011.
Heartbeats by Jose Gonzalez has been named the most popular music track used in UK TV adverts from the last ten years, according to website TV Ad Music (www.tvadmusic.co.uk).
The track, taken from Gonzalez’s Veneer album, was used in Sony’s 2005 BRAVIA campaign, which memorably saw 250,000 brightly coloured bouncing balls released into the streets of San Francisco.
Other tracks included in a list released to mark TV Ad Music’s tenth anniversary include When The Night Feels My Song by Canadian ska/reggae band Bedouin Soundclash, from the 2006 T-Mobile folding scenery ads, and Nina Simone’s Ain’t Got No/I Got Life, which continues to be used in ongoing campaigns by Muller.
The TV Ad Music website launched in 2001, and aims to help visitors find, watch and download tracks from their favourite television adverts. This list compiles the most popular tracks listed on the website from 2001 to 2011, based on a combination of pageviews, downloads and requests.
‘The list highlights how important music choice can be in TV advertising,’ says TV Ad Music founder Paul Brown. ‘Many of these ads are instantly memorable, not just because of their often striking visuals, but because of the great music used to soundtrack them.’
Most Popular TV Ad Music 2001 to 2011:
1. Jose Gonzalez – Heartbeats (Sony, 2005)
2. Bedouin Soundclash – When the Night Feels My Song (T-Mobile, 2006)
3. Vashti Bunyan – Diamond Day (T-Mobile, 2006)
4. Allie Moss – Corner (BT Infinity, 2010)
5. Radical Face – Welcome Home, Son (Nikon, from 2010)
6. The Egg – Walking Away (Tocadisco Remix) (Citroen, 2006)
7. Joanna Newsom – This Side of the Blue (Orange, 2004)
8. Freestyle – Don’t Stop the Rock (Cadbury’s, 2009)
9. Slow Moving Millie – Beasts (Virgin Media, 2009)
10. Free Design – Love You (Toyota, 2009)
11. Nina Simone – Ain’t Got No/I Got Life (Muller, from 2006)
12. Tasmanian Symphony Orchestra – Eliza Aria (Lloyds TSB, from 2007)
13. Gotan Project – Epoca (Finish, from 2006)
14. Annie Little – Fly Me Away (Amazon, 2010)
15. The Polyphonic Spree – Light & Day/Reach for the Sun (Sainsbury’s, from 2006)
16. Elvis Presley – A Little Less Conversation – JXL Radio Edit Remix (Nike, 2002)
17. Mint Royale – Singin’ In the Rain (Volkswagen, 2005)
18. Leftfield – Phat Planet (Guinness, from 1999)
19. Ellie Goulding – Your Song (John Lewis, 2010)
20. The Dandy Warhols – Bohemian Like You (Vodafone, from 2001)
You can watch all of these ads and download the tracks, and listen to a 50-track Best of TV Ad Music Spotify playlist by clicking on the links below:
TV Ad Music has also released a list of the most popular tracks of 2011, again based on a combination of pageviews and downloads. The most popular TV Ad Music track of 2011 was Big Things by London band Fiction from the Ford Fiesta Zetec ad.
Most Popular TV Ad Music 2011:
1. Fiction – Big Things (Ford)
2. Amy Macdonald – This Is the Life (Fiat)
3. Radical Face – Welcome Home, Son (Nikon)
4. Foster the People – Pumped Up Kicks (O2)
5. John Charles Thomas – Open Road (Audi)
6. Noel Gallagher’s High Flying Birds – AKA… What A Life! (Vauxhall)
7. Helen Jane Long – The Aviators (British Airways)
8. Charlene Soraia – Wherever You Will Go (Twinings)
9. The Smiths – This Charming Man (and other tracks) (John Lewis)
10. James Vincent McMorrow – Higher Love (LOVEFiLM)
You can watch the ads and download the tracks by clicking on the link below.
For more information please contact us.